Prof. Yechezkel Barenholz (PhD)
World class key opinion leader in Liposomes & one of the key inventors of DOXIL (the first Liposomal drug), marketed by Johnson & Johnson as a cancer treatment.
- Professor Emeritus Yechezkel (Chezy) . Barenholz is a highly accomplished entrepreneur and internationally recognized expert in the fields of biochemistry, biophysics and liposomes-based drug development. Startups based on Prof. Barenholz’ inventions and know how, include 6 start-ups: PolyPid LTD; NasVax Ltd (Now Theapix LTD); Moebious Medical LTD; LipocureRX LTD; Ayana Pharma LTD; Re-BioticRX LTD.
- Professor Emeritus Yechezkel (Chezy) Barenholz is head of the Liposome and Membrane Research Lab at the Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel and is also the Daniel G. Miller Professor in Cancer Research at Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has been on the faculty at Hebrew University since 1968 and has been a visiting Professor at leading Universities around the world.
- Author of over 420 scientific publications , cited >35,500 times, with h-index 93.
- Inventor of >55 approved patent families (>50% licensed).
- Barenholz current research focuses on the development of drugs and nano-drugs based liposomes. This is best exemplified by the anticancer Doxil®, the first liposomal drug as well as the first nano-drug approved by the FDA (1995) which is based on Barenholz I.P. and delomental work. So-far over 700,000 cancer-patients globaly were treated with Doxil.
- Prof Barenholz received many National and International awards including Honorary Doctorate degree from the Technical University of Denmark (2012) and the 2012 founders award of the International Controlled Release Society
Since 2006, as CEO of MediWound (Nasdaq: MDWD), Gal raised over $300M from private, strategic, governmental and public (IPO) sources. After taking the company public, Gal managed a US NASDAQ traded company including its financial, legal and IR teams and gained coverage by 6 leading Wall Street analysts. Under his leadership, the R&D team successfully completed the development of an innovative biological drug, including CMC, non-clinical and two phase 3 clinical studies that resulted in obtainment of a centralized procedure marketing authorization for the drug in EU. The team under his management operated a sterile manufacturing facility to produce both API and sterile drug products, passing EU and IL MOH cGMP inspections and supplying a sterile, cold chain product, through an established global supply chain. Gal build a commercial organization across EU that launched and obtained national reimbursements, and through BD activities, signed distribution agreements in the U.S., Asia Pacific, Latin America and CIS regions. Prior to joining MediWound, Gal held several management positions at Teva including Director of Strategic Business Planning & New Ventures (enriching Teva’s pipeline through various business structures as well as analyzing new strategic pharmaceutical areas of interest) and Projects Manager – Global Products Division (globally launched Copaxone® and developed and launched various medical devices). Gal holds a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Management (cum laude) from Technion – Israel Institute of Technology and an M.B.A. (cum laude) from Tel Aviv University.
Liana Patt (PhD)
Dr. Patt currently serves as CEO of Integra Holdings, the VC arm of the Hebrew University Life Sciences IP.
Dr. Patt’s experience includes VP Business Development, Global Branded Products at Teva Pharmaceutical Industries.
Dr. Patt managed a global team (US, Europe, Israel) and was responsible for evaluating hundreds of business opportunities in diverse therapeutic fields and various development stages, technologically, medically and commercially.
Liora Ettinger currently serves as CEO of Ilan Holdings, a private investment fund, focused on Israeli disruptive new technologies.
Liora joined Ilan Holdings in 2014 as CFO and member of the Executive Committee, and has served as the company’s CEO since 2016. Since 2003 Liora has been involved in financial management in global leading companies, including Africa Israel Investments (TASE:AFIL), Redstone Real Estate Investments, Giza Singer Even and Mizrahi Bank.
Mr. Yanir Aldouby has over 30-year experience in the pharmaceutical and drug-development industry. During the past two decades, Mr. Aldouby acted as QA manager of Rafa laboratories, operations manager and COO at TEVA, CTS at LipoCure, and since 2013, he is the COO of Ayana Pharma. Mr. Aldouby professional experience in various fields of the pharmaceutical industry, combined with knowledge of business management, has allowed him to manage activities and projects in large companies, integrating both the operations, regulation and the scientific aspects
Dima Shamrakov (PhD)
Dr. Shamrakov brings to the company more than 25 years of diverse experience in the pharmaceutical industry. He was involved with the analytical and process development of a vast variety of molecules and generic dosage forms, QC, production and formulation troubleshooting, CMC, regulation and technology transfer. Prior to joining Ayana, Dr. Shamrakov held leading research and managerial positions at Lipocure, Rafa Laboratories, CTS and TEVA. He is the author of many scientific papers and two US patents.